Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sherlock Holmes & Dr Watson

Sherlock Holmes and his trusted companion Dr Watson went on a camping trip. Out in the open, they set up their tent and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes woke up Dr. Watson.

“Watson, look up and tell me what you see.”

Watson replied, “I see millions of stars.”

“What does that tell you?”

Watson ponders for a minute and says, “Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are million of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically speaking, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Chronologically speaking, it is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically speaking, God is all-powerful and we are insignificantly small. What does that tell you?”

Sherlock Holmes stares at his friend and said, “Watson, you idiot, it tells me someone has stolen our tent.”

Posted by Passionate Piglet

No comments: